Scholarships are now posted on this website for 2015 graduating seniors from the following high schools: Coshocton, River View, Ridgewood, Coshocton County Career Center, Tri-Valley and three out-of-state schools: Blue River Valley and Hobart (Indiana) and Palmetto (Florida). Click on the upper left tab “Scholarship Applications” and please read all the instructions before your begin. If you have questions, check in with the office at school or call the Coshocton Foundation at 740-622-0010. Good luck!
The Distribution Committee of the Coshocton Foundation met recently and awarded grants totaling $63,525 to various community organizations. The grants include:
- $8,000 to the Camp Invention Science Camp for elementary students
- $7,500 to the United Way of Coshocton County for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library program
- $7,000 to the Walhonding Valley Historical Society for a handicapped-accessible entrance to the Warsaw Museum
- $6,000 to the Coshocton Opportunity School for desktop computer.
- $5,000 to First step for a fire escape for the domestic violence victims’ shelter
- $5,000 to the Ohio Humanities Council for the 2015 Chautauqua in Coshocton
- $5,000 to Sacred Heart Church for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul community outreach program
- $4,000 to the West Lafayette Fire Department for fire-fighting equipment
- $3,000 to the Coshocton Community Choir for equipment and supplies
- $3,000 to the River View Athletic Boosters for weight room improvements
- $3,000 to River View Local Schools for the O.W.E. program
- $2,725 to Junior Achievement for K-12 Junior Achievement educational programs
- $1,500 to the Coshocton County Career Center for books for needy students
- $1,500 to River View Local Schools for the purchase of young adult literature
- $1,300 to Coshocton Elementary for iMac computer
HOW DO I CLAIM MY SCHOLARSHIP MONEY?
The Coshocton Foundation recently awarded over $150,000 in scholarships to graduating seniors in area schoos. If you have won a Coshocton Foundation scholarship, you will need to submit to the Coshocton Foundation a copy of your billing statement from your college or university. A Summary of Account is NOT sufficient. Nor is anything entitled "Estimated" acceptable, and the listing of scholarships and grants received will not work either. The billing statement should be available on your unversity's website, where you log in to get your other information.
The billing statement must show the amount owed for tuition, fees, room and board, etc. It should also show any other grants or loans you may have. The billing statement must reflect that you owe money. If you have a credit balance, the Coshocton Foundation cannot issue a check. All checks will be made out and sent to your college or university. No checks will be written to individuals. (We are not trying to be difficult -- these are the rules by which we must abide!)
Your billing statement may be mailed to the Coshocton Foundation, P.O. Box 55, Coshocton, Ohio, 43812 or may be dropped off at the office at 220 S. Fourth St., Coshocton. It also may be faxed to 740-622-1660. Please include a telephone number where we can contact you if we have any questions. If you will not need to use your scholarship during your first year of college, please advise us when you expect to submit a billing statement for payment.
ATTENTION SCHOOLS SEEKING GRANTS
Due to changes in IRS regulations, all grants from elementary, middle and high schools need to be made through the appropriate school district. In other words, where the application says "Name of Applying Organization," the school district itself must be listed. The contact person may be listed as the actual individual representing the elementary, etc. school, with the person's contact information. The grant application should also be made clear what school and program the grant is for. Also, the EIN of the school district needs to be reflected on the application. If you have questions, please contact the Foundation.
Check out our new tab (above left) "You & the Foundation" for answers to frequently-asked questions about us!