How To Apply For A Grant
* THE UNRESTRICTED GRANT APPLICATION IS AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD THROUGH THE “GRANT APPLICATION” LINK AT THE LEFT.
* THIS FORM IS FOR UNRESTRICTED GRANTS ONLY. CONTACT THE COSHOCTON FOUNDATION ABOUT GRANTS FROM RESTRICTED FUNDS.
* GRANTS MUST BENEFIT ORGANIZATIONS THAT DIRECTLY SERVE CITIZENS OF COSHOCTON COUNTY.
* PLEASE INCLUDE QUOTES OR OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION TO ILLUSTRATE THE NEED FOR YOUR PROJECT/REQUEST.
* SEVEN (7) COPIES OF THE GRANT APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING INFORMATION ARE REQUIRED TO BE SUBMITTED.
* ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE OFFICE BY 4 P.M. ON THE DEADLINE DATE IN ORDER TO BE GIVEN CONSIDERATION BY THE COMMITTEE.
The Distribution Committee of the Coshocton Foundation determines grants that are to be approved. The committee meets periodically during the year. Meeting dates and application deadlines are posted on this website and in the local media.
The following information is provided for your use in preparing a grant request. The information requested will simplify review and action by our Distribution Committee. The Committee may request additional information or a personal presentation in some instances.
The grant application is available on this website and must be signed and submitted to the Coshocton Foundation in person or through the U.S. mail.
Completing this application and providing the requested support data will facilitate the decision of the Committee.
**Seven (7) copies of the application and supporting information are required.
Please use the application form as the cover of your packet. Do not use fancy binders, etc.
No matter how simple or unusual your idea, your grant proposal must include some basic components.
- A brief description of the problem or opportunity you plan to address.
- Statement of the project’s main objectives.
- Description of how you plan to address the problem or opportunity.
- Expected results; eg. the number of people who will benefit from the project and the institution that will receive the grant.
- A copy of applying organization’s IRS 501(c)(3) non-profit classification. This can be a copy of a Letter of Designation or Letter of Affirmation from the IRS or page one of organization’s IRS 990 form. IF THIS FORM IS NOT ATTACHED TO THE GRANT APPLICATION, THE APPLICATION WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE REJECTED. THE ORGANIZATION’S EMPLOYEE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (EIN) MUST BE INCLUDED ALSO. THE EIN IS TWO NUMBERS, A DASH, AND SEVEN ADDITIONAL NUMBERS.
- Timetable for the grant and project to completion date.
- Total estimated budget for the project.
- Amount requested from the Foundation.
- Other planned sources of support; eg. foundations, government, grants, public solicitation.
- Plans to sustain the project after the grant funds end; eg. operations and maintenance on capital projects.
- Name and contact information for follow-up by the Foundation (including e-mail address)
- Information that any funds granted shall be for the benefit of Coshocton County and Coshocton County residents.
All applications should be directed to the attention of:
P.O. Box 55
Coshocton, OH 43812
Applications may be mailed to the above address or dropped off at the Coshocton Foundation office at 220 S. Fourth St., Coshocton by or before the deadline as stated on the website and advertised in the media.
E-mailed applications will not be accepted or considered.