The Distribution Committee of the Coshocton Foundation had their third and final meeting of Fiscal Year 2023 recently and reviewed 18 grant applications totaling $637,430.17 The committee awarded 6 grants totaling $49,900.00 to various community organizations. Six applications were referred back to the requestors for more information. The grants awarded include:
- $20,000 to the Roscoe Village Foundation to assist in the construction of a pavilion to partner with a new playground to allow for children’s events in a safe environment.
- $10,000 to the Coshocton Fire Department to provide support in the purchase of a drone to be used on fire calls dealing with hazardous materials, structure fires, missing persons and any other situations that may pose a threat to public safety.
- $8,700 to Friends of the Park to provide support with start-up money for the first Coshocton Dog Fest, which will also serve as a fundraiser for the Coshocton County Animal Shelter.
- $5,000 to the West Lafayette Volunteer Firemens Association to assist in the Purchase of Firefighter’s Personal Protective Equipment for Rescue and Wildland Fire-related situations.
- $5,000 to the River View Athletic Boosters to provide support for the purchase and installation of protective cantilever dugouts for soccer players.
- $1,200 to First Step Family Violence Intervention Services, Inc. for the purchase of a laptop and accessories to replace an obsolete desktop computer.